Oak Tree Primary School is a friendly, lively, caring and inclusive school, with a commitment to all pupils achieving personal success.
We are looking to appoint a Grade 4 Teaching Assistant to strengthen our team here at Oak Tree Primary and Nursery School. The work will involve the supervision and support of our children throughout the school.
We are looking for someone who:
• Holds NVQ /CACHE Level 2/3 qualification for Teaching Assistant or appropriate to the post
• Has knowledge and experience of the social, emotional and mental health needs of children (SEMH) and a variety of special educational needs
• Can use own initiative
• Work cooperatively
• A positive and enthusiastic outlook on school life, demonstrating enthusiasm, energy and passion
• A professional attitude at all times
• Is able to work independently and use own initiative to plan and adapt lessons
• Excellent behaviour management strategies
• Contribute fully and thoughtfully to school meetings and meetings with outside agencies
• Excellent relationships with parents
• Know that each child will reach their full potential and be happy, safe and secure in our care
• Work with and act upon guidance provided by teachers and other professionals/outside agencies
• Monitor and evaluate pupils’ responses to learning activities and report back to colleagues
• Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required, to the teacher on pupil achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
• Respond to first aid needs from pupils and complete appropriate documentation
We can offer you:
• A welcoming and friendly school that values everyone
• A supportive, happy and cohesive staff team
• Wonderful children who are friendly, enthusiastic and positive in their learning
• A ‘Take Care’ environment that allows every child to reach their full potential and flourish
• Forward thinking CPD, equipping you with the skills you need to better support our pupils
We encourage you to contact the school and find out more about the role and children you will be supporting.
Please see job description and person specification for more information. The position is to start as soon as possible.
If you are a caring, friendly person who is able to communicate effectively with pupils in a calm and positive manner and would enjoy working with children, being part of our committed and supportive team and have the relevant experience and qualifications as per the person specification and job description then we would like to hear from you.
We are a ‘Take Care’ school, where we take care of ourselves, each other, the world and with our work.
Application forms/information are available on our website: / or can be downloaded below.
As you will appreciate, we are unable to open the school to visitors at this time. However, there is lots of information on the school website which you will find useful. You are also welcome to contact school to discuss the post further on 01623 458261 or email any questions to: [email protected]
Closing date: 10th November
Interviews to be held on the afternoon of 16th November 2021.
Oak Tree Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The school welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally