Interviews are expected to take place on
Monday 23 August 2021
This role is not eligible for sponsorship. Applicants require to have existing right to work in the UK.
The University of Stirling recognises that a diverse workforce benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers and welcome applications from those who would contribute to further diversification of our staff and ensure that equality, diversity and inclusion is woven into the substance of the role. We strongly encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds including gender, identity, race, age, class, and ethnicity.
Student Recruitment sits within the Directorate of Communications, Marketing and Recruitment and holds responsibility for the planning and implementation of effective recruitment strategies to grow student numbers, in line with the University’s Strategic Plan. The International and Student Recruitment Assistant will report directly to the Student Recruitment Office Manager and will provide daily clerical and administrative support to colleagues engaged in recruiting students to the University of Stirling.
This is a front facing role which requires an individual who projects a professional image at all times, by being outgoing, friendly and demonstrating an attention to detail. This role will interact with students from various countries and therefore, the post holder will be expected to hold an understanding of the needs of students from a range of backgrounds and nationalities.
Description of Duties
• Assist with processing recruitment and admission enquiries, either answering them or directing to the appropriate member of staff, via multiple communication channels from applicants/enquirers, parents, teachers and agents, and ensure prompt responses
• Explain processes to those who are not familiar with them with, and for whom English may not be their first language, with a good level of cultural awareness
• Provide cover for the Enquiry Management System in conjunction with the Information Officer and ensure all enquiries are processed within agreed targets
• Assist with updating applicant data into the student records system (SITS) with a high degree of accuracy
• Assist with ordering office stationery and other goods, and keeping a log for rolling replacement of computer equipment
• Coordinate the shipment of materials to UK and overseas locations for travelling staff
• Prepare staff visa bills, expense claims and invoices for authorisation. Assist with raising purchase orders, processing invoices, commission checks, and other finance processes
• Assist with recording annual leave and absences within CMR
• Arrange visits to campus for individual visitors or groups
• Participate in a range of on-campus recruitment and induction events, e.g. Open Days, Applicant Days and Clearing, some of which are held in the evenings or at weekends
• Provide cover for the CMR reception facility
• Work closely with colleagues across CMR to ensure cover is provided in support of the wider office at peak times
• Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
• Commitment to delivering a customer service of the highest standard
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends (average four to five times per year)
• Experience of working in an office environment
• Experience of working in reception
• Possess a full driving licence and be confident driving in the UK.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally