JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Team Lead, SIS Applications Services, the Application Specialist operates as an intermediate specialist on multiple Information Systems including but not limited to the district Student Information System (SIS), Mass Notification System (MNS), Learning Management Systems (LMS), and Special Education Management platform.
Works with the team to develop scope and prioritization of work assignments, paying strong attention to detail and deadlines. Works with the team in developing procedures, and documentation for the operation of these applications in accordance with district policies and procedures. Addresses reported problems pertaining to the service, performance and reliability, assisting in resolving emergencies, such as a quality or customer problem that might be escalated to the team for handling. The position is responsible for occasional training of school staff as it relates to the operation of some of the applications in the school environment. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following tasks describe the basic functions of the job. The following frequencies and percentage of time spent are approximations only.
• Member of SIS team in the support, training, and user support of all applications supported by Student Information Systems. [Daily, 35%]
• Troubleshoot system issues, providing solutions to identified problems and ensures they are documented, implemented and operating properly. [Daily, 30%]
• Develop skills and assist in application configuration, development and deployment of new application features. [Daily, 20%]
• Communicate with Application team, team lead about status of work and any issues with work in progress. [Daily, 5%]
• Help to enforce data integrity measures. [Daily, 5%]
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. [Daily, 5 %] EXPERIENCE: JOB QUALIFICATIONS: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education/experience
• One (1) to three (3) years of experience in Student Information Systems.
• Intermediate knowledge of typical office equipment such as telephones, copiers, fax machines, email, etc.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Intermediate understanding of reporting principles and practices.
• Intermediate verbal and written communication skills.
• Intermediate interpersonal relations skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
• Ability to exercise good judgment, problem solving ability, and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guidelines.
• Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects.
• Ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
• Criminal background check and fingerprinting required for hire
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
All certifications, licenses, and registrations must be valid and unexpired.
• Experience with PowerSchool functions and user support.
• Ability to work with project management to identify best practices and alternative designs considerations.
• Experience working within an agile, including scrum, development environment.
• Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Racially conscious and culturally competent with the skill, will, capacity, and knowledge to commit to a culture of continuous improvement. WORKING CONDITIONS: PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Light physical effort (lifting to 10 pounds).
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, up to 90% of daily activity.
• Eye/hand coordination (e.g., typing, ten key).
• Visual concentration.
• Concentrated reading/writing/mathematics.
• Occasional lifting, pulling, and/or pushing.
• Normal school district environment.
• Normal office environment. OTHER INFO: Qualified Candidate Under Consideration APPLY TO:
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally