Student Experience Officer, (Learning Support)
£25,000 per annum
Full time, Permanent, 40 hours per week
SAE is part of the Navitas Group, which is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, language training, workforce education and student recruitment.
Working as key member of the Student Experience team, you will provide specific learning support to students. Covering literacy, numeracy and assignment support for all students, with learning support being the main focus of this role, having experience in education in learning support or similar.
You will also provide pastoral support and be involved in creating and supporting student activities including enrichment, finance and student record reporting.
• Providing learning support to all students, with specific focus on students identified as “at risk” due to lower academic starting points, being out of education for some time or having any identified support needs
• Providing focus on pinch points within the courses where retention and success has been identified as an issue
• Being involved in our Access and Participation Plan where required
• Holding one to one or group support sessions with students and regular review/ update meetings with other Student Experience Officers and Campus Management and Academic staff
• Qualifications – minimum Degree educated, with English GCSE Level 3 and Maths GCSE Level 2
• Experience in working in learning support in education, including with students for whom English isn’t their first language, and students with mild to moderate learning difficulties, including ADHD and Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
• Confidence in leading group work and presentation skills, i.e. speaking about learning support at Open Events/ Induction, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have right to live and work in the UK
• An understanding of the education sector
• Proficient in the use of technology and software.
What we offer
SAE offers outstanding long-term career opportunities and is an equal opportunity employer.
Enquiries should be sent to SAE-HRnavitas. Please state Application: Student Experience Officer, (Learning Support) – London in the email title.
We regret that due to the volume of the applications, only successful applicants will be contacted
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally