Trainee Dental Nurse
Days/Hours: 37.50 hours full time Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
Location: Lampeter, SA48 7DS
Imagine being able to shape your dream career and focussing on being the best you can be. Whilst caring for patients, we can help you develop, whether you are retraining into a new field, or seeking an entry level role with a fully funded learning programme… Welcome to mydentist. Europe’s largest dental care provider, where Dental Nurses come to excel in their field.
We offer the support of training experts, approachable leadership, and a fully funded Student Dental Nurse course as part of a permanent role. Our Students have access to our fully funded NEBDN accredited training programme, delivered by our inhouse academy with the support of a large community of other trainees and opportunities to develop further upon completing your course.
You must be dedicated to starting a career in Dental Nursing, able to commit to a 12 month + vocational training programme, be comfortable working in a clinical environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
There has never been a better time to start a Nursing career and regardless of your background, we have the training programmes in place to support you in succeeding in this role. We are a diverse and inclusive employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
We’re looking for an ambitious Student Dental Nurse to join us in Lampeter. Here, you’ll benefit from:
- Fully funded Dental Nursing course accredited by the NEBDN
- Permanent 37.50 hours per week role in practice
- Support from a Dental Nurse Mentor and the mydentist Academy
- Salary increase when you complete your course and become a GDC Registered Dental Nurse
- Employee benefits package which includes uniform, annual leave entitlement and refer a friend scheme
- Providing chair-side assistance to Dentists carrying out dental procedures
- Displaying a calm and professional manner and ensuring patient care is of extremely high quality
- Decontamination and set-up of the surgery before and after each appointment
- Updating patient records onto IT systems
- Covering reception and other practice duties
- Working to strict health and safety guidelines, including the use of PPE
- The role is physically and mentally demanding, you will be working in a clinical environment alongside a dentist seeing high volumes of patients every day
- The student nurse training programme takes between 12 – 18 months and requires extensive online learning, written and practical exams and submission of a record of experience. You must be willing and capable of a high level of academic work to complete this programme.
- Grade C or above in English (or equivalent)
- Ability to complete 4 online learning modules linked to key aspects of Dental Nursing practice; topics include subjects such as Microbiology/ Pathology/ Oral Surgery/ Pain control/ Perio Diseases/ Extractions
- Have a passion for putting patients first
- Committed to retraining or starting a career in dental nursing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Good IT skills
A course overview and job description are linked below.
Click Apply today to find out more about this fantastic opportunity. Fore more information please contact Kiran Raza on 07926084514.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally