Psychology Graduate – Tameside
On of our Tameside schools are currently looking for a Psychology graduate that would be working alongside SEN students, predominately working with both ASC/ASD students and SEMH students. These students have previously been identified by the school for having SEN needs, therefore you will be working alongside an experienced SENCO and SEN team supporting and assisting with reading, spelling and comprehension. Main Aspects of the Job will be:
- Supporting the SEN department on monitoring behaviour of either a child or group of children, whilst ensuring that the school policy is being adhered to.
- Helping with in class tasks whilst assisting those in and around the school.
- Working alongside children who often find the learning process a challenge, focusing on those with SEMH needs.
- Ability of working well under pressure with the ability of overcoming the adversity whilst dealing with difficult situations.
- Producing suitable resources for those who are in need of a specific group of students. In this case both SEMH (Social Emotional Mental Health) and ADS/ASC (Autistic Spectrum)
- Pay scale will be dependent on both school and experience. (Approx. £325 – 475 weekly)
This school is situated close to Tameside very easily accessible from the city centre with public transport links running very closely to the Tameside school. Along with easy access from surrounding areas of Tameside with both the M60 and M56 being very accessible to the school for any car drivers. The school is set in very pleasant surroundings boasting fantastic facilities within the local area. The successful applicants will be supporting the SEN department by both understanding and management specialism to be able to assist with the teacher. This school does not believe in a one size fits all teaching style. Therefore, you will be supporting a very specific groups to gain an understanding of a more in-depth style to handle difficult situations.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally