To support the Head Chef with the food production of a large commercially viable catering service ensuring high standards of food is provided in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
To deputise for the Head Chef in their absence.
In the role you will be responsible in supporting the Head Chef in the preparation and delivery of the food production in a large restaurant and kiosk area, meeting exceptional high standards in quality, taste and cost management. This includes preparing and cooking food to cater for all events, to include, on-site hospitality as well as providing for off-site hospitality and events, with a large customer base.
You willl work as part of a team in developing a strong and customer-focused, performance-driven quality culture with focus upon culinary excellence. You will support the Head Chef to create menus, to include healthy and nutritious options and dietary requirements, recipes and costings that take into account seasonal availability, modern eating trends and customer feedback, for presentation to the Commercial Catering Manager.
You will Provide on the job instruction and support to the kitchen team so that food production and service runs smoothly whilst also liaising closely with the Head Chef and Food and Beverage Supervisor. You are responsible for health, safety and hygiene within the kitchen area in line with Merseyside Police policies and in accordance with relevant food safety legislation. This includes compliance with legislation relating to allergens, and upkeep all necessary records relating to Health and Safety.
In the role you will be working with the Head Chef and Food and Beverage Supervisor to support in managing the day-to-day procurement of goods for the kitchen and restaurant, using nominated suppliers and monitoring quality and price.
You will have day to day interaction of the catering web based software to stream line all catering operations, to include, the electronic point of sale (EPOS) and the click and collect software, providing all relevant management information e.g. cash flow, stock management and sales and financial performance.
Knowledge and Experience:
– A qualification of City and Guilds 706/1, 706/2, or NVQ equivalent. Level 2 food hygiene certificate are essential.
– Proven ability to produce and deliver high quality creative food with an interest in culinary trends and the ability to translate these into coherent menus. Experience and up to date knowledge of vegetarian, vegan and modern cuisines.
– Experience in catering in a high volume operation, with a customer base of over 1500 must be evidenced, with kitchen responsibilities. Budget management skills are required in order to understand and support in the day to day management of the recipes and menus.
– Competent user of Microsoft Office IT packages, EPOS, and other specific food control software.
– Ability to build relationships with staff and customers.
– Ability to work independently with strong decision making, organizational and time management skills. Communication skills are required as the postholder is expected to communicate clearly and effectively.
– Knowledge and understanding of the process of meeting Service Standards, performance indicators and targets relating to continuous improvement, ensuring compliance with the principles of Best Value.
Police Officers who have given notice that they are retiring within the next six month period can apply for Police Staff vacancies that are advertised externally. If successful the applicant must be in a position to commence on a date specified by the hiring manager.
Please base your evidence on the knowledge and experience on the attached Job Description Questionnaire utilising the competencies contained within the Competency Value Framework
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally