Job Purpose Summary
Roles at this grade will typically work as part of a team to provide administrative or procedural support through working on a broad range of routine activities within well established procedures and under regular supervision or clear guidance. The range of tasks can be varied and will therefore require some understanding of office routines. As a consequence, some planning and organising of own workload is required to ensure that workflow is maintained. The nature of planning and organising in roles at this grade is essentially around timing and sequencing of assigned tasks, i.e. working out the most effective way in which to carry out particular tasks or make sure the deadline is met.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Receive and respond to enquiries from / to customers to provide a timely, courteous and effective service to others.
2. Prepare documentation / information following standard formal / templates or running and reading reports.
3. Make routine arrangements and bookings, such as meetings and hospitality, in accordance with clear instructions, involving the preparation and organisation of straightforward information, along with note / action taking as and when required.
4. Responsible for the day to day operation of systems and equipment necessary for the successful completion of all assigned tasks.
5. Some planning and organisation of workload is required to ensure delegated tasks is maintained, however the nature of planning is essentially about timing and sequencing of the assigned tasks, along with flexibility.
6. Use discretion to identify and resolve issues, referring to the line manager for assistance, as necessary.
Specific Job Role Requirements: (Please refer to these in your Supporting Statement)
1. Demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the main areas of responsibilities associated with this role gained through working in a similar role, or a qualification equivalent to standard grades in English and Mathematics and some experience of working in a similar role.
2. Demonstrate accuracy with both numeracy and literacy skills.
3. Written and verbal communication skills.
4. Working knowledge of relevant systems, equipment, processes and procedures including standard software packages, with limited use of non-standard software.
5. Effective planning, organising and prioritising and familiarity with own priorities and those of colleagues.
6. Understanding of policies and procedures relevant to this role.
7. Understanding of health and safety policies and procedures relevant to this role, and the quality outputs and standards required.
8. Demonstrate customer service / interpersonal / team working skills.
NatureScot’s Net Zero commitment
Whether working at home or in an office, or travelling to meetings and site visits, as a NatureScot you will contribute to our Net Zero plan, for example through positive carbon travel choices.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally