Are you an excellent team leader who has a clear understanding of the process for EU citizens securing work in the UK? If so, then we’d love to hear from you!
HM Treasury are looking for a proactive and customer focused individual to join their Onboarding Team!
The Onboarding Team sits within Treasury Shared Services (TGSS), which provides transactional services to over 2,200 colleagues within HM Treasury and it’s Arm Length Bodies. TGSS is a vibrant and lively workplace (circa 50 personnel). We value our people and collective team spirit to enable us to deliver high-quality services to our customers. Our modern office is set in beautiful surroundings in Thorpe St Andrew. You’ll benefit from bespoke technology, free on-site car parking, public transport from the city centre, an onsite gym and supermarket, café and gym/swimming pool all within close walking distance. Most of the team is currently working from home, but we are still very much connected virtually via Microsoft Teams.
The Onboarding Team process new starters, staff returning to the department and internal job movers, post acceptance of a job offer, using an online onboarding system. This includes the following tasks;
- Processing pre employment checks including reference, documentation and right to work checks.
- Initiating security clearances via UK Security Vetting (UKSV), the government’s provider of National security Vetting (NSV).
- Authorising I.T. and building passes subject to appointees having acquired the right level of security clearance.
- Updating the Oracle HR Information System with accurate employee data for payroll.
- Managing customer expectations, including hiring managers and appointees, throughout the end to end onboarding process, namely in relation to the timely processing of pay, IT, security pass and Oracle system access.
Within the role you will also act as GDPR Champion for the TGSS Team. You will undertake proactive work to improve knowledge and compliance, leading on the formulation of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and updates to Privacy Notices, investigating and conducting lessons learnt of GDPR data breaches and supporting the team with the handling of GDPR related processing questions and customer queries.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an effective relationship-builder, who thrives in a fast-paced working environment. The Treasury promotes learning and development, and hosts an excellent range of employee benefits for all staff.
- 25 days’ annual leave (rising to 30 after 5 years), plus 8 public holidays and the Queen’s birthday (unless you have a legacy arrangement as an existing Civil Servant)
- Flexible working patterns (part-time, job-share, condensed hours)
- Access to a generous Defined Benefit pension scheme with employer contributions. Find out more about Civil Service pensions
- Free parking
- Refurbished office in close proximity to cafes and restaurants
- Access to a cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme, season ticket advances and payroll giving
- Access to a retail discounts and cashback site
- A Rental Deposit Advance Scheme to help meet the total costs of deposits for privately rented homes
- A range of active staff networks, based around interests
The Treasury is the United Kingdom’s economics and finance ministry. It is responsible for formulating and implementing the government’s financial and economic policy. Its aim is to raise the rate of sustainable growth and achieve rising prosperity and a better quality of life with economic and employment opportunities for all.
HM Treasury has a strong commitment to equality and diversity, and we are a Disability Confident employer. Our aim is to be a department which is open and accessible, recruiting and retaining diverse, talented and high-performing people who support and develop one another.
Our recruitment process is underpinned by the principle of appointment based on fair and open competition and appointment on merit, as outlined in the Civil Service Commissioners’ Recruitment Principles. If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with these principles and you wish to make a complaint, you should in the first instance contact HMT by email: [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you can contact the Civil Service Commission, which regulates all Civil Service recruitment.