JOB TITLE: Legal Surveyor (graduate opportunity)
SALARY: Up to £27,000 PA Dependant on Experience
HOURS: Monday to Friday, 8:30am till 5:30pm
BENEFITS: 25 days of holidays + bank holidays, 6% pension plan from the company, 10% bonus (depending on individual and company performance)
THE COMPANY: Friendly, down to earth, supportive and progressive telecommunications company who really value their employees and provide fantastic training.
The purpose of this role will be to assist with the route survey and acquiring of access and wayleave agreements for projects based in Devon, Dorset & Somerset through third party access.
You will be required to identify land ownership and occupational rights for projects on any third-party infrastructure and help towards securing landowner consents for these projects. You will also be required to assist in the granting of permissions to multi dwelling & multi business units (MDU & MBU). Negotiation of servitude and wayleave terms and resolving any disputes over land access, landownership queries or impacts from land use that may arise from searches and site meetings. You will be responsible for liaising with estates surveyors, projects managers, stakeholders, land agents, legal representatives, and other industry professionals.
This role will involve regular travel and therefore a driving licence is essential for the successful candidate.
- Required to identify routes for telecommunications network and conduct site inspections to cover aspects of land surveying particularly regarding Western Power Distribution poles, BT/Openreach and Multi Dwelling/Business Units
- Survey routes to determine best practice on access and permissions
- Using Land searches, identify land and secure wayleaves, easement, and landlord’s consents in a telecommunications environment.
- Building relationships with landowners, agents, consulting engineers, contractors, and government bodies Surveying
- Negotiate wayleave terms and conditions for third party access and resolve any dispute or discrepancy that may appear
- Attend meetings with Construction and Design teams to feedback on wayleave updates
- Conduct utility searches as and when required
- Attend weekly department meetings and help with departmental administration
- Reporting on wayleave progress
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Advanced knowledge in all aspects of Microsoft Office 365 experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Excellent people skills
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
- A general ability to learn and use a variety of software/apps/digital media
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to change that will drive improvement
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to kick start their career or change direction. Our client would be particularly interested in hearing from candidates who have a legal background in a support capacity or a graduate who is looking to train in a role where they can use their legal skills or business acumen.
TO APPLY: Please apply online, call our office on 01392 426200 or email [email protected]
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally