Graduate InfoSec SOC Analyst
Closing date for completed applications: Monday 25th October 2021 Telephone Interviews will be held on Monday 8th November
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the advertisement and interview earlier than stated.
A great opportunity has arisen for Graduate InfoSec Analyst to join L&Q at a very exciting time, where we will invest, grow and transform our business to provide a better service to customers old and new. L&Q is in the UK’s Top 25 Great Place to Work and Top 15 for UK’s Great Place to Work for Women. There is huge commitment to investment in Information Security, Technology and Modern Workplace and continued move to full Microsoft Azure and Azure Stack and a great place to get involved in all parts of the transformation.
The Graduate InfoSec Analyst will report directly to Information Security Lead, work with the Infosec SOC team as well as the wider Technology team. The role will transition into a permanent role with the security operations function within Information Security. They will work across the business to ensure information and cyber security is proactively embedded to suit L&Q’s goals and ambitions. This person will be an enabler with an innovative attitude and a proactive, positive approach.
The Graduate InfoSec Analyst will:
· Assist the InfoSec team within the broad area of Technology working with new security technologies, tools and techniques
· Receive on-the-job training and have access to and partake in appropriate courses
· Be exposed to a wide environment of technologies
· Assisting in pilot schemes / proofs of concept solutions to create patterns that lead the way for L&Q’s future Technology systems and processes
· Working closely with the SOC and wider team, to provide a modern approach to security operations
· Assisting in providing information security oversight, visibility and assurance across business projects, solutions and systems.
· Have a calm and composed approach to tackling challenges
Skills and Experience:
· Excellent interpersonal skills, and good verbal, written and communication skills
· Foundation knowledge or awareness of ISMS standards such as ISO27001 and/or Cyber Security Essentials – Desirable
· Foundation knowledge or understanding of cyber risks and threats related to cyber attackers.
· Foundation knowledge or basic understanding of various security methodologies, processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems)
· Foundation Knowledge of Enterprise Antivirus/Malware solutions, IDS, Full Packet Capture and Host/Network Threat Analysis.
· Foundation knowledge or basic understanding of data and/or log analysis
· Foundation level understanding of information security best practice and incident response.
· Foundation or basic knowledge and understanding of identification of cyber threats, malware, viruses and system breach indicators.
· Foundation experience and/or knowledge of working with secure network technology such as routers, firewalls and cloud security.
Desirable candidates should have computer and technical skills but do not need to have completed a technical, information security or similar degree.
If you have a can-do attitude and want to be part of the exciting and evolving industry of information and cyber industry as well as making a positive difference to people’s lives, then please complete the application form without delay.
We will fund the successful applicant to complete the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification or equivalent and they will also have access to official Microsoft training and a learning path in Pluralsight.
*We are a multi-site organisation, so some roles may require occasional travel between offices but expenses will be covered.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally
InfoSec Analyst – Graduate2021-10-08T12:07:12+01:00
InfoSec Analyst – Graduate