Teaching Personnel are looking for graduates who wish to work within the education sector. We have set up a ‘Future Teachers Programme’ to aid your development into a career post University. If you wish to gain practical experience prior to enrolment of formal teacher training this is the programme for you!
Many teachers say their job is endlessly rewarding and incredibly fulfilling. If you’re confident and willing to be creative, you can have a lot of fun teaching your lessons. Generally the lessons that will engage the children most are the ones you enjoy and based on a subject that you love.
The successful Future Teacher will work within an excellent secondary school in Preston as Teaching Assistant and Cover Supervisor.
- Working alongside children who often find the learning process a challenge, focusing on those with additional needs.
- Monitoring behaviour of either a child or group of children. Ensuring that the school policy is being adhered to.
- This requires no active teaching, marking or planning but will ensure that a high quality learning experience is delivered to all students giving you a real insight into working as a Teacher.
- Covering lessons in your specific subject, or across the school subjects.
Benefits to this role include;
• Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:15pm timetable
• Placement fresh out of University (or more mature Graduates)
• Access to Teaching Personnel’s CPD courses at discounted rates and a FREE training package for Graduates
• Practical training and experience with an excellent rate of pay
• Wages received by PAYE weekly
Subject specialisms to be taught include (but are not limited to;)
• Ethics and Philosophy/Religious Education
Whilst in placement you will;
• Keep a journal of your day to day experience
• Observe lessons in your subject specialism and other subjects to develop a broad knowledge of teaching styles/methods
• Discover how different members of staff provide effective differentiation, manage behaviour and conduct non subject activities such as registration and assemblies
• Work with all staff to support the pastoral systems in place to aid pupil development
• Learn the school policies and discover how and why they developed
• Learn the syllabus in your subject area and identify the areas of your degree which can be applied and present this to the school
• Support pupils through coursework and examination preparation
If this sounds like the opportunity for you and wish to know more information I would love to hear from you! Please click apply now to send your CV!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally