Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting a passionate and motivational graduate to join our client secondary school as a Graduate Teaching Assistant. The school in based in Wigan, Greater Manchester and rated ‘Good’ in the last Oftsed inspection.
The school has a long-established reputation for providing an academically challenging and creative education for all of its students. They thrive by not only being encouraged to achieve high academically but to develop their own talents and leaderships skills to live long successful lives. The school is driven to be outstanding in all that they do and they continue to have supportive leaders and dedicated teachers to achieve the amazing results that they do, year on year.
About the role:
- Assisting pupils aged 11-16
- SEPTEMBER 2021 START
- Providing 1-2-1 or small group support
- Salary from £10.20
- Full time Monday – Friday 8:30am-3:30pm
- Long term and permanent opportunity
- Gain valuable experience to kick start a career in teaching
- As a Graduate Teaching Assistant you will be expected to give your full support and attention to pupils who are disengaged, have behavioural difficulties and SEN.
Day to day duties include:
- Liaising with the main class teacher to understand the lesson plans and objectives
- Supporting in the classroom to manage behaviour and encourage learning
- Provide emotional, social and personal support to students
- Improving confidence and self-esteem
- Working with students 1-2-1 or small groups to help complete work
- Improving attainment and GCSE’s results
You be will fully supported and guided through the graduate training programme provided by Teaching Personnel and the school. Teaching Personnel offer a wide range of FREE CPD courses that you can complete to enhance your career, CV and knowledge of working in schools and dealing with young people. You will benefit from a dedicated recruitment consultant and staff mentor at the school to successfully become a valued member of the school.
To be selected for this role you must:
- Be a recent graduate
- Have a passion and interest in working with young people
- Be kind, caring and supportive
- Have some experience working with young people personally or professionally
- Be able to travel to the school in Wigan
To be considered for this position please send an updated CV forward and you will be contacted immediately to progress to the next stage.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally