Graduate Teaching Assistant
Are you a graduate looking to establish a career in education?
Are you looking for flexible work in the Southampton area?
Are you looking for invaluable classroom experience prior to starting PGCE’s?
Teaching Personnel are looking for graduates to fill a number of teaching assistant positions this September.
Due to the impacts Covid-19 has had on pupils learning this year teaching personnel has been inundated with requests for teaching assistants to provide additional classroom support. These positions range from short-term day to day opportunities to long-term permanent positions in secondary schools, working with a diverse range of schools across Hampshire.
Many of the position’s client schools require are for standard teaching assistant roles which would involve:
- Setting up equipment and helping to prepare the classroom for lessons, tidying up afterwards and helping with displays.
- Providing support to children who need additional help with their work.
- Helping the teacher with their marking and record-keeping.
There are a variety of SEN related teaching assistant roles including supporting language development, behavioural mentorship and pupils with learning difficulties.
The ideal candidate will be educated to a degree level and is looking to start a career within education. Previous work within schools is preferred but not essential; any work with children or young people outside of a school environment in a youth work, sports coaching or tutoring capacity is favourable. Any experience working with SEN children in any capacity would be beneficial.
- Earn between GBP60-GBP1350 per month (depending on days worked)
- Gain invaluable experience working with a diverse range of schools in Southampton
- Complete flexibility with hours and days worked, with day to day, short term and long-term placements available
- Free training provided by Teaching Personnel through our CPD Academy
Any successful applicant would be subject to DBS and Right to work UK checks so relevant documents will be requested.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally