Graduate Teaching Assistant – Enfield, North London
This school are striving for excellence in attitude, ambition and achievement. They are transforming an academy and community as they work towards outstanding performance in all areas. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious professional to join their team of committed staff who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what students can achieve.
The successful candidate will support individuals and groups of students to enable access to learning, contributing to the development and maintenance of a purposeful, nurturing learning environment. The ideal Graduate Teaching Assistant main responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and providing particular support for identified students, in 1:1, group or whole class situations, assisting in the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies and in evaluating identified students’ progress through agreed assessment activities.
- Leading small group sessions and interventions as appropriate and undertaking structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes as appropriate.
- Attending to the students’ personal needs where required
- Supporting with behaviour management
- Assisting with the supervision of students out of lesson times, including break and lunch times, and on visits, trips and off-site activities as required
- Encouraging students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Preparing the classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assisting with the display of students’ work.
- Providing clerical/admin support as required e.g., photocopying, typing and filing.
As part of this school, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in North London.
To apply for this job, please contact James in The London Secondary Branch of Teaching Personnel at james.stoneteachingpersonnel or call 020 7593 3077.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally