Working in partnership with well-established secondary schools in Leeds, we are seeking to appoint ambitious Teaching Assistants to provide support within the classroom and build positive relationships with both staff and students. This role is well suited for a hard-working individual seeking paid classroom experience and those wanting to progress their career in education.
The school fosters a supportive and diverse environment where pupils are encouraged to take responsibility for their learning and achieve academic excellence. You will be expected to adhere to the school’s high standards of support to inspire their learning and will require good behaviour management skills in re-engaging children with their learning after the recent disruption to education.
Those interested in working with pupils who may display challenging behaviour or working with pupils with SEND are also encouraged to apply.
Requirements for the role:
– Right to work in the UK
– Degree level education or above
– DBS check or be willing to have one
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, you must:
– Be able to develop positive relationships with pupils and staff
– Recognise and pro-actively support under-achieving students to help raise attainment
– Supervise and cover lessons in the absence of the classroom teacher
– Supporting pupils to engage in learning in the absence of their classroom teacher
– Having an adaptable approach to work with flexible working hours
– Being creative in your approach in guiding pupil’s through pre-planned objectives
– A passion for education and supporting children
If this role sounds well suited to your skills and experience please apply below or contact Leah at leah.mcallisterteachingpersonnel to be considered.
Alternatively, if you are looking for similar jobs in an area more local to you, please visit teachingpersonnel for a full listing of jobs
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally