Graduate Site Manager
Contract: 3 years
Hours: 35 per week
Based at: Site-based currently at Barking Riverside
Starting salary: £27,000 p.a.
Closing date for completed applications: Friday 22nd October 2021
Due to COVID19, colleagues in eligible roles are currently working from home in line with government guidelines
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the advertisement and interview earlier than stated
Graduate Site Manager.docx
L&Q is a leading house builder and has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic graduate to join our construction team. This position is suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in construction and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
The role will be site based in East London, on one the largest regeneration schemes in Europe. T
L&Q’s graduate training programme will allow you to gain valuable hands-on experience from the very outset of your career guided by market leading experts. You will be supported to achieve Chartership with the Chartered Institute of Building.
What you will do:
· Undergo a 3-month rotation working with the operations, design and technical and commercial teams. The remaining time will be spent with the construction team.
· Recording and preparation of elements within L&Q’s quality management system.
· Monitoring and recording of site progress, and the monitoring and implementation of health safety procedures using 360-degree photogrammetry and other management tools such as A-site.
· Keep accurate daily diaries, of both the elements of work and training they have been part of daily, and be able to present these points at future 1:1’s.
· Attend management meetings such as project review meetings, progress meetings and handover meetings and provide input based on their capture of progress and health and safety findings.
· Introduction to the design and planning process a project undergoes from inception. This will include insights into the strategy and use of technical drawings within construction and the universally accepted stages through which the technical drawings go through to construction stage.
· Attend design consultant meetings, drawing review meetings and be expected to be part of the problem-solving team if anomalies are found with drawings.
What you will bring to the role
· A keen interest in construction projects
· Strong stakeholder management skills
· Demonstrable collaboration, stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Commitment to providing high levels of customer service.
· Computer literacy with good proven competency in MS Office.
· Problem solving and analytical skills.
· An understanding of working within a site environment under supervision, ideally specialising in new build social housing projects. Must have relevant building and construction technology understanding.
You will work towards Chartership with the Chartered Institute of Builders. The entry criteria is:
· A Level 6 qualification such as a bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or postgraduate diploma or a Level 6 or 7 NVQ or SCQF Level 11 in a built environment subject.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally
Graduate Site Manager2021-10-09T12:13:24+01:00
Graduate Site Manager