GRADUATE STRUCTURES PROJECT MANAGER – Construction/Maintenance for CAN
Based: KENT/ CHESTERFIELD
Salary: Commensurate with experience
An excellent opportunity for a new Graduate Project Manager with CAN Structures – a growing, energetic and friendly company.
Established in 1983, now employing over 200 staff and with a turnover in excess of £18m, CAN is a specialist civil engineering contractor, delivering projects across the UK.
Using specialist access, CAN Structures provides innovative solutions to challenging and complex engineering projects at height, within all aspects of the construction and civil engineering markets.
CAN has a team of 9 Project Managers located at our head office in Chesterfield and our offices in Northfleet, Kent and Bristol. We are looking for a Graduate Project Manager to be based at either our Northfleet or Chesterfield office, working alongside the existing team and reporting to the Operations Director.
If you have a degree in engineering, construction, or similar and previous project management experience, please read on:
- Managing projects
- Managing teams of site personnel (good people skills required)
- Detailed cost planning, variation management and forecasting
- Liaising with clients
- Control of project spend
- Procurement and management of materials and equipment selection
- Project financial reporting
- Managing quality & HSQE
- Full time (office based with site visits)
Experience and skills required:
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in construction or civil engineering desirable.
- Previous experience of project management desirable.
- Degree in engineering, construction, project management or similar.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- A professional approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Driving licence.
Why CAN Structures?:
- Competitive salary.
- Company car.
- Leading specialist rope access contractor in the country.
- CAN is part of the RSK Group, a rapidly expanding geoenvironmental consultancy and contractor which projects a turnover of over £0.5Bn this year.
- RSK is Investors in People accredited, encouraging the continued training of all our staff – full training will be provided in all job-specific fields.
- Continued company growth will result in further opportunities.
- Although we are a part of a growing company we pride ourselves on the ‘family-feel’ atmosphere.
- Varied and challenging projects.
- Life Assurance
At RSK we operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential. Listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and listed in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
RSK is also committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally