Are you a graduate planner that is not being given the opportunity to develop and hit your potential? Do you want to be more? Our client is a successful and established consultancy who believes in building long term relationships and providing exemplary service. Due to the growth of the business, they are now looking for a graduate planner to join them. This role will suit a Planner who has begun their pathway, either with Consultancy or Local Authority experience. The purpose of the role is to support the current consultants and clients with the best opportunity for success by undertaking a variety of technical functions. There will be support provided for you to complete your pathway and become a Chartered Planner.
- Support the preparation and submission of planning applications
- Negotiating, obtaining, administration and management of environmental planning permission to ensure clients are operating legitimately
- Ensure statutory requirements for applications are met (including the provision of documents in line with EA’s guidance)
- Liaising with regulatory authorities and have an up to date understand of relevant regulatory regimes
- Drafting planning statements
- Acting as a main point of contact for third party consultants
- Monitoring and dealing directly with local authorities
- Chairing meetings with senior stake holders
- Planning and attending site visits
- Contributing to the company’s exemplary service standards
- Experience in delivering planning applications, PPC, planning statements and writing environmental statements
- Eager to develop to and contribute to all areas of the business
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Waste and minerals experience
- Solutions focused mentality with the drive to solve any problems
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Middlewich, Holmes Chapel, Crewe, Little Budworth, Northwich, Hatford, Tarporley, Delamere, Nantwich
KEY WORDS: waste management, planning, permitting, enviroment, minerals, permits, enviroment consultant, enviroment manager, local authority, planning officer, planning consultant, graduate planner
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, an award winning behavioural leadership recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict processing of your data please contact us at the office and we will respond to your query.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally