Ferrovial Construction is the UK based engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees.
We design and construct some of the UK and Ireland’s most high-profile transport infrastructure projects. We have the strength and depth to deliver complex major projects in-house, drawing on international expertise and full asset lifecycle capability. We provide our clients with cost-effective, value-added solutions and design and build sustainable assets for people and places
Our 2019 turnover was £345m in the UK and globally £4.7bn. Our UK order book is currently £1.35bn and globally £11.4bn. We work in the UK for private and public sector customers on projects and frameworks valued from £50,000 to over £1bn.
We maximise potential through continuous professional development and create an equal, inclusive and diverse place to work to drive innovation.
At Ferrovial, we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, Integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
Whilst working on large complex projects, you will be encouraged to achieve your maximum, all the while having support and guidance. An ability to work well in a team is key to the delivery of our projects, so that effective communication skills are critical.
Ferrovial prioritises the mobility of its employees as a means of fostering talent. The company has set up a Global Mobility Portal, which operates as an internal job board where employees can find all openings worldwide. The company is keen for graduates to move overseas and gain experiences of different cultures and business ways and methodologies.
Ferrovial Construction is looking for a Graduate Planner to assist with, and in some cases plan programmes of work on a variety of major UK infrastructure projects. The Ferrovial 3-year graduate development programme is designed to develop personal, professional and technical skills through a blended approach. You will work under the supervision of Section/Project Managers and in collaboration with the site team.
Key Responsibilities: Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy and ensure quality on our projects is upheld.
• Assist in project management and project planning by producing programme controls, project reviews, and cost and risk analysis.
• Create tender programs compliant with tender sums, project design and methodology
• Produce, manage and update the construction programme and its communication to internal and external customers and major stakeholders
• Analysis how commercial events and activities impact the programmes baseline
• Measure and monitor performance and interpret data in order to present results in a logical manner
• Adopting and promoting Ferrovial Construction UK Vision and Values. Taking ownership for the work assigned to you.
• Adhere to safe working practice regulations on site and ensure all staff comply with the requirement.
Skills & experience
We are looking for graduates with:
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels
• Excellent written and oral English language
• Degree or Masters in Engineering (All disciplines will be considered)
• Right to work in the UK & Ireland
• Motivated to learn and add value to the team, the role and the Graduate programme
• Analytical thinker who enjoys problem solving
• A proven team player who can effectively work with others
• Enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines
• Proactive approach to working and learning
• Commercial awareness and an understanding of the industry
• Familiar with all Microsoft packages
• Highly motivated
• Logical thinker with a willingness to learn
• Resilient and a flexible approach to working
• Results driven with strong communication skills
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
• Engineering experience
• CSCS Card
What we offer On the Ferrovial Construction Graduate programme you will get:
• A 3-year development programme in line with the UK engineering framework
• Exposure to a diverse range of engineering disciplines
• Work with Contractors and Sub-contractors to develop effective partnerships
• Attend a variety of blended training to develop your technical, professional and behavioural skills
• You will start the process of becoming chartered with internal and external support
• Gain an understanding of Ferrovial Construction from a global perspective, with mobility opportunities
• And much more!
If you have graduated already, you will be able to start as soon as possible.
If you graduate this year (2021) then you can start as soon as you have finished your formal exams.
Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties#.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally