Fixed Term Contract – No experience required
We’re currently seeking Milton Keynes-based Lab Technicians to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK’s NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society’s return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country’s most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
As a Lab Technician, you will be required to process samples upon receipt at UK Biocentre in accordance to high quality standards and in line with laboratory processes.
You will be responsible for working to ensure that processes are carried out safely, efficiently, and to the laboratory’s required standards. This includes creating and reviewing technical documents and SOPs compliant with the laboratory’s accredited standards.
- It’s desirable that you to have experience of working within a high throughput processing environment, but this isn’t essential and you’ll be given full training.
- Lab Technician roles are available across Sample Preparation, RNA extraction, and PCR teams (or equivalent for alternative assay procedures).
In order to be successful, you’ll need the following skills and qualifications:
- Good Standard of general education
- Evidence of excellent communication and team-working skills
- Evidence of excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work and think methodically
- Pro-active attitude
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks
- Ability to work 12- hour day/night shifts patterns
In addition, the following education and experience are also desirable but not mandatory:
As well as a competitive rate of pay of £12.86 per hour, you’ll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
- This role works on 4 shift pattern and then 3 shifts over a fortnight
- Shift pattern is 2 blocks as below:
- First week on 4 shifts of Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday
- Second week on 3 shifts of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- Do a month of days 8am to 8pm and a month of nights 8pm to 8am
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally