Please note this role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract role (employed).
Support the operation of the ESN Windows /VMware/storage/DB & Network estate:
Assist in ensuring they are patched in line with support and security requirements.
Assist ensuring, they are monitored and managed to meet required performance and capacity levels.
Assist in ensuring Infrastructure processes are well documented and regularly updated.
As an Intern you will learn how to install new /re-build existing servers and network devices
Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automate approaches for system administration tasks.
• Actively perform network and system monitoring, verifying availability and integrity of all systems and key processes.
• Help develop continuous improvement plans for existing services.
• Support the development of operational roadmaps for existing services.
• Work closely with other key staff, including the Infrastructure Architect, on the development of new services.
• Support the testing and operational acceptance of new services and service changes ensuring that tests are developed and implemented to allow effective service delivery.
• Engage with the immediate team, and more widely as required, on Knowledge Transfer and training activities to reduce risk of individual members of staff being single points of failure.
• Support and implement the IT development and service management processes, as required, including Incident, Change, Release, Problem and Capacity and Availability Management.
• Comply with other corporate policies and processes as defined.
• Review and update existing IT infrastructure documents.
• Act as an external ambassador, representing and promoting MSI to customers and suppliers through all relevant contact.
• Support the production of reports relating to the IT Technical Support team and service performance.
• Degree /HNC in an IT related discipline or relevant experience.
• Scripting languages – Python, Bash, Perl, PowerShell.
• Good understanding of Cyber security or relevant industry experience.
• Microsoft patch management.
• System administration skills (Operating Systems. Networking, Hardware, Virtualization.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Infrastructure Security (FirewallsAV)- Desirable.
• Good understanding of Automation or any experience desirable.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Able to demonstrate the key cultural principles of Collaboration with others, Achieving Service Targets and driving Continuous Improvement.
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, keen for new experiences and responsibilities with a clear focus on high quality and operational efficiency.
• A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and is proactive and self-driven in achieving goals and objectives.
• Mature, credible, a team player and comfortable in dealing with key stakeholders of the role. i.e., Reliable, tolerant, approachable, and determined.
• Empathetic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view.
• Well-presented and business-like. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month within the UK.
• The individual must be comfortable with cultural transformation.
• A natural problem solver and logical thinker.
• Flexible and adaptable, with a sense of urgency.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally