What we do
At IDC, we innovate to create successful products which improve people’s lives. With over 45 years of experience as a design consultancy developing market-leading products in medical, consumer and industrial sectors, we serve a range of clients from multinational brands to cutting edge start-ups.
Our clients benefit from a full range of product development services including user research, concept generation, mechanical engineering, detailed design for manufacture, electronics and software engineering, testing, prototyping and production. Our team of designers, engineers, model makers and project managers collaborate to ensure we design commercial, technically robust and desirable products.
This role is new, exciting and very different from your usual industrial design role. It’s a hybrid role of design and marketing, leaning more towards digital marketing and digital content creation. We’re looking for someone who has studied Industrial Design but is passionate about generating new creative content ideas and visually engaging media to drive forward our marketing efforts. Collaborating with colleagues across the IDC team and reporting to our Head of Design, you will be responsible for:
- Creating visually stunning renders, photographs, animations, e-books and videos that tell the story of our work and help engage our audience, existing clients and new potential customers.
- Applying your solid understanding of key social media channels to create and distribute engaging content appropriately for each platform.
- Initiating new ideas that play into our wider digital marketing strategy.
As the role is partly industrial design based, you may also be responsible for activities within new product development for varied clients. This includes user and market research, usability, translating insights into suitable concepts, concept development, CAD, prototyping, 3D visualisation and other design activities.
What we could do for you
Variety is certainly one of the things that defines us. With the diversity of projects that we engage with, you will enjoy being constantly exposed to new product sectors, technologies, processes and user groups. You will be given the flexibility and support to develop your skills and knowledge within both digital media, marketing and industrial design. Along with the varied and exciting work in a vibrant and friendly studio environment, IDC offer a competitive salary, pension, life insurance, permanent health insurance and basic health cover.
- Motivated, curious and passionate about design, marketing and digital media
- A creative and flexible team-player
- A self-starter. You use your initiative and bring new ideas to the table.
- Able to think broadly to generate ideas and develop a justified point of view
- Able to visualise your ideas in a presentable format in an appropriate time frame
- Highly skilled in form development, visual brand language and attention to detail
- Empathetic for different users with sound knowledge of research methods and strong capability in the design of physical and digital interactions
- Able to present clearly and concisely and explain creative decisions
- Switched on to trends in design, culture, technology, social media marketing and digital media
- Open to learning new skills and software within the area of digital content and marketing
You have evidence of:
- A design degree (Product Design, Industrial Design, Design Engineering)
- 0-2 years’ experience
- High competency in SolidWorks
- High competency in KeyShot (including animations)
- High standard of graphic design and visual communication
- High competency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Experience using After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Good level of photography skills (particularly studio/product photography)
- A design portfolio with examples of solid design thinking and solving problems with elegant solutions, plus evidence of various digital media. E.g., animations, photography, KeyShot rendering, graphics.
This is not a traditional role, but a very exciting one for a design graduate who loves design plus a deep interest and skillset for marketing, visualisation and digital media.
Our studio is directly by the station in Datchet which is 50 minutes from London Waterloo by train. We also have parking available. The role is mainly studio-based but with some flexibility to work from home. We also provide flexible hours.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and link to an online portfolio (or PDF) of work that reflects what we’re looking for in this role. Please only apply if your portfolio or website showcases BOTH design and digital media skills as mentioned above. Any submissions without a link to evidence of your work will not be considered.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applicants we are not able to offer feedback to everyone that applies. However, we thank you for showing your interest in IDC.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally