Work hard. Have fun. Make history. That’s our slogan, and we stand by it.
Deliver the Future with Us
As we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can to support all our team members which is why we are hiring an HR Advisor to join our Human Resources team within our Sortation Centre line of business in the UK. Working closely with the leadership team on your site to ensure a great experience for our associates, you will have a key full-time role supporting delivery of a holistic, world-class HR service that our growing Sortation Centre Operations teams expect & deserve. Reporting to the HR BP you will play a critical role in delivering the HR plan at our site in Weybridge.
Our operations are large scale and operate 7 days a week, the role will be based on 40 hours over 4 days a week (this will include evenings & weekends when needed). You will develop and execute business strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning and employee engagement.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be a key contact for our associates and managers (including providing policy guidance, support for attendance and wellbeing matters etc.) and will drive a positive associate experience. Wherever possible you will take the time to support and encourage the behavior of self service for managers and associates
Dealing with a wide variety of day to day HR matters including people related administration and coordination tasks (e.g. new starter processes including on boarding, probation reviews etc.)
Working closely with our Shared Service teams to ensure a seamless employee experience and maximize transaction efficiency as well as ensuring all employee life-cycle transactions are managed accurately and in a timely manner to ensure our people are paid correctly and we have no payroll defects thus protecting associate experience
You will also contribute to the planning and relationship management of the onsite Associate Forum, ensuring the Forum are up to date in their learning and knowledge to ensure they remain effective in their roles
Taking ownership for and proactively maintaining site communication mechanisms (e.g. HR noticeboards) and helping to ensure timely and effective communication to our associates via various mechanisms
Providing accurate and timely management information, and ensuring compliance with Company process, data protection requirements and best practice with regard to maintenance of HR systems and records
Working with necessary stakeholders to ensure consistency and best practice in executing and following up on all engagement mechanisms and initiatives (e.g. Associate Round Tables) as well as support site specific ones e.g. fun engagement events
Giving support on employee relations case management
Supporting HR colleagues and management on a wide variety of people related topics and projects and maintaining an emphasis on continuous improvement, standardisation and best practices, to be shared with other Sortation Centre teams, as well as HR peers and stakeholders. As a natural culture steward, you will partner with internal stakeholders to integrate Amazon’s peculiar culture into the employee experience.
Who are we looking for:
· Recently obtained Bachelors Degree or equivalent, in Human Resources or a related field
· A clear communicator (Fluency in English) in both verbal and written forms
· Good IT literacy (Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, HR systems e.g. PeopleSoft)
· You are naturally customer service obsessed; thriving on the opportunity to engage with our associates in a challenging and fast paced environment with ability to interact in a sensitive and effective way
· Someone who can work without close supervision, multitask, organise and prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
· Attention to detail is a must together with comfort handling a wide range of data (including sensitive and personal information)
· The ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in all aspects of work and be a trusted and professional ambassador for HR
· A resourceful individual, flexible in approach and who is comfortable provide additional discretionary effort when the team is in need
· You have a sense of fun and are not afraid to get stuck in whatever the task!
– Evidence of academic focus in human resources (or related field), or achievement of CIPD part-qualification
– Knowledge of employment law and HR through prior experience in a HR role will be advantageous
– Experience in a general administration within an environment committed to customer service and continual process improvement
– You have experience of single handedly managing projects through to completion
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally