giffgaff is a little different to your `normal` telecoms company. It`s a mobile business owned by Telefonica, but run by its members. Sounds interesting? It is.
giffgaff is a fast growing mobile network. Our business model is unique – we take a highly collaborative approach with our members who help (and are rewarded for helping) across all areas of the business. Our vibrant online community, online platform and immense value proposition are key to our success. We do not have a retail footprint or expensive call centres, so we can pass these savings straight on to our members in a way that no other telecoms business does.
As a lean organisation, our team is built of people who are multi-skilled, highly motivated and flexible – if that sounds you like you we`d love to hear from you.
About the Team:
giffgaff is a little different to your ‘normal’ telecoms company. It’s a mobile business run by its members. Sounds interesting? It is.
We want people to love what they do and love what giffgaff is all about. It’s important to feel that way, especially in this energetic and competitive market. Us folk at giffgaff are a spirited and disruptive bunch, not every now and then but every day, yes, even on Monday mornings. Every person who comes and works at giffgaff must believe that we are a David amongst Goliaths in Mobile-land. And much like David, we are successfully making a positive change.
About the Role:
We can’t make the right decisions about our business without the right financial information.
We’re looking for someone ambitious and driven to join our Financial Control team to help us manage the finances and financial reporting for giffgaff.
Your key tasks will be:
• Financial accounting, reporting, and balance sheet reconciliation of the handset and sims business as well as our fabulous payback offering
• Budgeting and forecasting our logistics costs
• Business partnering with the Commerce team by providing financial insight and support
• Preparing VAT returns for handset sales
• Ensure payments across the business comply with company policy
• Assisting with external audits and the preparation of statutory accounts
• Preparing intercompany analysis
• Ad hoc tasks to help support the team
What We Need from You:
• Excellent academics, including a university degree in a numeric or analytic subject
• The ambition to study for your CIMA qualification
• Commercial awareness, and experience analsying and drawing insight from datasets
• The ability to explain complex information to someone who is not an expert
• Confidence to express your opinions and put forward your ideas
• You have a very inquisitive brain. You ask ‘why’ a lot
• You can’t wait to get stuck in and are eager to do a great job on everything you do
• Desire to innovate & experiment. You are the sort of person who never accepts things just as they are – you always look to improve things and bring your own ideas to the table
giffgaff is looking for someone to grow, who can learn and accept greater responsibility as they develop. We are looking for someone who is happy operating in a continuously changing environment.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering candidates who are looking for flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email [email protected] who will be happy to help.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally