Graduate Engineer, Test & Development
We are looking for a Graduate Engineer, Test & Development to join our fast-growing team. This role will be based in our test facility in the Midlands and will involve travel to support vehicle testing around the world.
We’re working to solve some of the most challenging environmental problems in city centre, last-mile logistics, which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from your very first day.
We want to revolutionise city centre logistics in order to make urban environments better places to live and work. We’re creating the world’s safest commercial vehicles by reimagining conventional truck design principles, thanks to our full-electric drivetrain, and thus protecting vulnerable road users. Our electric powertrain also eliminates harmful tailpipe emissions, removing harmful pollutants that contribute to climate change. A crucial part of our journey is building a team of outstanding employees who share our vision for the future and our values of safety and sustainability.
You’ll be joining a world class team, backed by top investors that all believe in the future we are creating. We have ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond, scaling our team and activity at an exciting pace. We are a people-led company focused around creating an exceptional business, and all employees have a high level of autonomy and a platform to make a real impact.
This role provides and excellent opportunity for a recently qualified engineer to join the team responsible for the development and validation of a new design of EV Truck. Gaining experience across the full range of vehicle function. The scope of this role will include delivering of Design Verification Plan (DVP), Benchmarking, Vehicle and system level test planning & execution, and Attribute validation following the best practices for test standards. This is an ideal starting point for an engineering career that can develop into all aspects of automotive design, development and testing, including opportunity to develop CAD, CAE, and automotive process skills
- Support the delivery of the Design Verification Plan for the project at major system and vehicle level, delivering the component test plans across the delivery functions
- Support benchmarking and competitor analysis in support of whole vehicle target setting
- Follow suitable test standards and procedures, helping to create new standards where required for internal use
- Support the collection of load and test data, with inputs on CAE and testing requirements from vehicle attribute leaders and system owners
- Co-ordinate the testing sequence of each vehicle development prototype
- Prepare pre-compliance testing and internal approval for vehicle certification
- Maintain suitable test equipment for internal validation programme
- Support the prototype build plan and build card of validation assets
- Support creating the statement of work for outsourced activities and test houses in the UK and abroad
- Investigate vehicle failure modes and generate reports on root cause analysis and design resolutions with support from system owners
- Carry out any other tasks defined by Vehicle Development Lead
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree, or equivalent level qualification in a relevant engineering topic
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the utility/commercial/heavy vehicle sector and xEV projects.
- Good knowledge of relevant vehicle technologies.
- Experience of meeting demanding project delivery goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, cross cultural understanding, organising, and coordinating ability
- Ability to drive and complete tasks independently
- Proven problem solver with good planning skills, logical reasoning, and attention to detail
- Positive and passionate, good team player
A typical Volta Trucks person:
- Thinks and acts in a non-traditional way.
- Closely shares our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Is action-orientated, proactive and works at pace.
- Is transparent, progressive & entrepreneurial.
- Is adaptable, resilient, and open to change.
What working here will be like:
- We are a small, fast-growing team so you will have a high degree of ownership and accountability, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- We are a start-up, so don’t have a lot of structures and processes. Things change quickly and we acknowledge when we get things wrong and change direction.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme
- We are committed to creating a first-class work environment. Every employee has a voice, and we encourage open communication.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally