Part of the Teledyne Lincoln Microwave group function in Lincoln, working within the Microwave Engineering team, and reporting directly to the Head of Engineering (Microwave) the Engineer is responsible for the execution of allocated design and development tasks in support of delivery of microwave projects, including:
• Liaison with senior microwave design engineers and technical authorities
• Developing device designs using Mechanical/Electronic CAD tools
• Simulating the microwave performance of device designs using appropriate CAD tools
• Technical research including precis documentation and presentation.
• Assembly of prototypes devices
• Setup of microwave test systems and execution of microwave test programmes
• Adherence to project schedules
• Career progression through higher engineering grades is encouraged with the option of subject specialisation
• National and international travel in accordance with business needs
Position Summary and Responsibilities
In conjunction with the Engineering Team and working alongside key team mentors to support ongoing product development activities while developing key technical disciplines within RF design.
Deliver allocated engineering task within agreed timescales
Contribute to generation of product data packs and special process instructions.
Effective (accurate and timely) reporting on product development activities to project team/lead
With the engineering team and other Lincoln functional areas (where relevant);
• Liaise with the Microwave Operations group to facilitate timely resolution of technical issues.
• Adhere to the quality standards and/or processes for the engineering area and ensuring housekeeping standards are maintained
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to work area and processes
Health and Safety
Full compliance with any rules and processes regarding health and safety, including:
• Adhering to the SHELT (Safety Health Environmental Leadership Team) policy
• Taking part in Risk and Control of Substance Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Assessments for tasks you may perform
• Reading, understanding the hazards within an assessment and signing up to them, ensuring you are performing your role within the safety guidelines
• Taking part in any mandatory Health and Safety training.
• Raise ‘Hazspot’ concerns or issues regarding Health and Safety.
o Adaptable, with good attention to detail and quality mind-set
o Good problem-solving skills with ability to motivate others
o Computer literate, using MS platforms such as Excel, Word, Outlook
o Excellent communication skills being able to communicate at all levels (oral and written)
o Ability to manage your own time and workload
o A good level of literacy and numeracy
o Approachable, flexible, rigorous, ability to work on own initiative
o Ability to understand and follow engineering drawings & technical instructions
o Good manual dexterity and experience in handling small components
o Leadership experience in a team environment
o Experience of working within an RF or electronics engineering environment
o Experience in practical assembly, integration and testing of electronic components and related products.
o Experience operating test equipment
o Experience of operating RF or mechanical CAD design tools.
o Ability to work within a team and on own
o Flexible approach to work and a willingness to move to other areas within the department
o Understanding of Systems Engineering philosophy
o Experience of Technical research capability and precis
o Degree in a STEM related subject or equivalent experience
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally