- Provides first line support for the developer squads.
- Responsible for maintaining service availability, and continuous Fibre order flow supporting our Partners.
- This a challenging and varied role, which consists of working across departments, as well as point of escalation for provisioning issues with large service providers such as Sky and TalkTalk.
- Dealing with the management of our internal systems built on a range of languages and hardware.
- Resolution of IT issues, identification and resolution of system administration problems and clarification of customer requirements and priorities.
- The successful applicant works in a small team, using the latest technologies and innovations including Open Source LAMP solutions to commercial software such as Salesforce, whilst also dealing with support requests and suppliers.
- To liaise with our Joint Venture Partners, and diagnose any issues requiring custom code / systems which will need to be delivered.
- Supporting our resellers in consuming our public API services, both in testing and production.
- To keep datasets and systems setup up to date.
- To operate CityFibres Workflow rules, coordinate their maintenance, and pushing / correcting data where necessary
- To maintain services to users.
- Point of escalation for software issues from the Network Operations Center, as well as owner in the escalation to relevant software providers where necessary.
- Point of escalation for Resellers communicating with our systems.
- Build and develop NodeJS ‘Apps’ within the Service Desk to automate tasks in line with the responsibilities of the role.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Problem Solving in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in system administration, LAMP, and supporting applications on Linux / Ubuntu / Redhat.
- Experience with Oracle and MySQL databases, simple database administration and SQL for report generation.
- Experience in Supporting Microsoft applications , Windows Server 2012+.
- Experience interfacing with database systems such as Oracle and MySQL using Oracle OCI’s, PERL, DBI, PL/SQL, PHP or other Net8 protocols.
- Amazon EC2 administration.
- System configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet.
- Experience of Salesforce / Simple APEX.
- Experience with Java (including Java Servlets, JDBC, XML) would be advantageous.
- Grasp of developing software to run in a distributed n-tier environment, MySQL clustering, concurrency issues, race-conditions and fail over scenarios.
- WordPress experience, Sharepoint, CMS experience advantageous.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally