A school in Tameside is seeking an English Graduate Teaching Assistant to join the support staff team. This role will begin in December 2021 and will run for the rest of the academic year.
Requirements for this position are as follows:
- A degree in English or an essay based subject.
- Experience teaching/tutoring English is highly desirable.
- A passion for improving student attainment.
- Ability to work with students with SEN.
Highlights of this role include:
- Working with students on a small group basis, running through past papers whilst preparing students for exams.
- Developing exam technique, looking to boost student confidence in dealing with exam expectations.
- Offering in class academic support, providing guidance when tackling specific topics.
- Working on an intervention basis with GCSE students, whilst continually supporting English teaching staff.
- Managing student behaviour in accordance with school procedures/policies.
- Providing pastoral support when required, managing the individual requirements of students with SEN/SEMH needs.
- Creating resources, learning material and presentations in order to support engagement and progression.
This is an exciting opportunity to further your secondary school experience, whilst developing your own teaching methods and pedagogy.
We urge those who are looking to become English teachers in the future to apply for this role, owing to the benefits that it will bring in terms of progressing teaching ability.
- Located in Tameside, the school has both public and motorway links close by.
- The school is well regarded locally, and has oustanding facilities.
For further information, please contact the Manchester East Secondary branch at Teaching Personnel.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally