Are you an English graduate looking to gain further experience as a subject specific teaching assistant prior to beginning teacher training?
If so, please see the details of our client secondary school in Wigan who wish to appoint an English graduate teaching assistant to support their pupils (11-16)
- Full-time English graduate teaching assistant position
- Supporting both KS3 and GCSE pupils during English lessons
- Providing targeted Tuition to English students who require additional support
- Opportunity to gain the relevant experience to secure a position on a secondary PGCE course in the future
- Pay rates of £65-£70 per day – (£1000-1200 a month)
Our client school located in the area of Wigan seek to appoint an English graduate with a strong academic background, to work as a subject specific teaching assistant within their English department.
During your time in school you will be provided with the necessary resources, support and the tools needed in order to deliver tuition to pupils within school. You will also have an opportunity to provide general cover within the school This is a rewarding position which will allow any English graduates considering teacher training, the opportunity to enhance subject knowledge and experience prior to teacher training.
English graduates wishing to be considered for this excellent opportunity are required to;
- Have a degree related to English studies
- Have previous experience supporting the learning of pupils aged 11-16
- Be able to build strong relationships with pupils and have a positive impact on their learning
- Hold a strong desire to become an ‘Outstanding’ English teacher in the future
- Be willing to learn new things
Located in Leigh, the school can be easily accessed from surrounding areas Salford, Warrington, Wigan and Bolton. There are an abundance of public transportation links throughout Greater Manchester and Wigan that also lead directly to the school.
For immediate consideration please send an updated CV using the link below or contact the Manchester Secondary Branch for further information on the number below;
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally