You will be a screener/grader working in a close knit team within the Central Mersey area. You`ll run local clinics to see our patients and photograph their eyes to assess for diabetic retinopathy. We`ll need you to be empathetic and able to talk to patients about their images on a daily basis; as well as assist the team leaders with patient queries. Previous experience in diabetic eye screening and grading is desirable.
You will be working largely unsupervised in a pressured environment, so a cool head is essential! All in all, we want you to be patient focused, caring about our patients and being passionate about delivering an exceptional service at all times.
This role will be based across Knowlsey, St Helens, Halton & Warrington, so a full UK driving licence and flexibility is essential.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including grades A-C in English, Maths and a Science subject or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Health Screening Diploma
- The post holder must be computer literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- They will need to show initiative and the ability to prioritise tasks and to use problem-solving skills on a daily basis largely unsupervised sometimes under pressure. (e.g. if screening equipment fails in a remote clinical environment being able to manage the situation following training.)
- Be able to use good effective communication skills both written and oral within a multidisciplinary team at all levels and with diabetic patients in a calm, sensitive and reassuring way.
- Have previous experience working with the public.
- Be able to fully comply with current and future policies and protocols following a training period (e.g. patient confidentiality, infection control etc.)
- A full driving licence and your own transport.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. All roles as standard undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, some roles may require additional vetting such as NPPV/MOD.
NECSWS is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally