An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join the Clinical Education Team. The role of Clinical Education Co-ordinator, for Undergraduate Non-Medical Learners, will provide administration support and coordination of education opportunities for undergraduate non-medical clinical learners, including students, RN degree apprenticeships and trainee nurse associates.
Main duties of the job
Applicants should have demonstrable experience in a client facing role, developing and maintaining administration systems and processes and co-ordinating work from multiple work-streams.
Applicants will need excellent organisational skills, be self-motivated and be a committed team player. They should also have excellent communication skills and work well under pressure. Strong evidence of use of Microsoft Office systems is essential to the post
The successful candidate will hold an appropriate qualification related to the role and having administrative experience in an education setting would be an advantage
Based at Whiston Hospital Education Centre, Nightingale House, the post holder will be expected to work across all Trust sites including the Education Centre at Vortex House, Wavertree Technology Park to support the activity of the Clinical Education Team
Please note- it is the applicants responsibility to seek authorisation from their current manager to be released for the secondment before a formal application is made.
Interview Date: 1st October 2021
Working for our organisation
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our ‘5 Star Patient Care’ strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
• Ensure effective co-ordination of undergraduate education programmes related to non-medical clinical learners.
• Liaise with education & service leads to ensure comprehensive databases of activity are developed and maintained
• Network with HEI’s, placement providers and education leads to share good practice and keep updated on the latest guidance and compliance requirements, in order to help guide future decision making related to undergraduate non-medical clinical learners
• Develop policies and protocols for own area of work to ensure the effective co-ordination of the undergraduate non-medical clinical learner service
• Act as a first point of contact for enquiries relating to undergraduate non-medical clinical learners.
• Co-ordinate feedback information from a variety of sources including course evaluations, survey monkey audits and disseminate to the relevant stakeholders to support quality improvement of undergraduate non-medical clinical learner education programmes and placement experiences
• Provide effective pastoral care to undergraduate non-medical clinical learners, offer guidance and support to this diverse group with differing educational needs and capabilities
• Support any examination/sign-off processes related to these learners
• Maintain the electronic staff record (ESR) for the training activity related to these learners, as well as shared filing systems
• Utilise and maintain up to date information related to non-medical clinical learners using on-line PARE and ‘In-place’ systems
• Produce reports and activity information to influence service development. Contributing to workforce plans and placement allocations to address gaps and ensure the undergraduate non-medical clinical learners are able to meet their learning outcomes
• Liaise with clinical teams across the Trust and external stakeholders, providing a comprehensive customer care service
• Contribute to the operational running of the Education Centre. Assisting in reception cover and preparation of training facilities at Whiston Hospital and also providing cover at Vortex House, Wavertree as and when required
• Support the nurses responsible for undergraduate non-medical clinical learners to ensure the smooth running of their services
• Prepare and disseminate workbooks/essential documents that are required by these learners to meet their educational requirements
• Work in partnership with education leads to raise awareness and promote clinical education services for non-medical clinical learners
• Educate key stakeholders regarding the systems and processes to be followed to ensure the effective functioning of this service
Knowledge & Experience
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust are committed to providing an environment and services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity, we welcome applications from all sections of the communities we serve to enable us to reflect their diversity and improve the delivery of the services we provide.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally