Salary: £40,000 per annum
Location: Middlesbrough. Teesside University International Study Centre.
Contract Type: Full Time. Permanent.
We are Study Group. We are a global leader in international education partnering with students and Top Tier Universities from all over the world. We believe in a creating a better world through education, and value talented, driven, and student centred people that believe the same.
This is fantast opportunity to join the brand new Teesside University International Study Centre. In this exciting role, you will lead on the provision of a highly effective Student Experience Team. You’ll oversee the Student Experience and Professional Services team, enabling students to thrive and study legally, safely and successfully. In this varied role, you’ll ensure UKVI compliance in visa and attendance systems, key quality assurance and enhancement activities are carried out according to Study Group, university partner and regulatory body requirements.
In this job role you will lead on the provision, design and implementation of a progression support and personal tutorage strategy with the purpose of ensuring students are fully supported to maximise student outcomes and satisfaction levels. You’ll represent and promote the Student Experience perspective at senior level within the centre, Study Group, the university and external levels. This role is exciting, fast paced, and complex, where you’ll play a key role in the opening and growth of the centre.
Leadership, management and personal development
- Lead and motivate ISC student service and academic administration staff to contribute to ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Contribute to developing, communicating and enacting the strategy and priorities for the ISC.
- Ensure appropriate cross-departmental (academic, non-academic, external) strategies and procedures are in place to ensure delivery of well-rounded, timely and appropriate student experience provision.
- Provide effective performance management of direct reports, including: setting personal objectives and KPIs; regularly reviewing performance of direct reports; and conducting formal performance reviews according to company policy and procedures.
- Facilitate, encourage and support staff to participate in regular personal development activity.
- Recruit new staff as required according to Study Group policies and procedures.
- Participate actively in the Centre Leadership Team and Centre Management Team.
- Plan and undertake regular personal development as agreed with line manager.
Customer Service and Student Welfare
- Oversee the customer service operations of the ISC, ensuring consistently high levels of student satisfaction.
- Plan and oversee Student Services activities and ensure that all students receive a smooth, legally compliant and efficient entry into the ISC.
- Plan and oversee new student pre-arrival, induction, out-duction and transition activities including arrivals arrangements and documentation. Act as the designated safeguarding lead for the Centre.
- Ensure that the Centre is compliant in relation to Safeguarding responsibilities; and staff across the Centre are aware of their obligations/requirements.
- Work with the team to establish proactive initiatives to target and measure a sector leading student experience.
- Accountable for ensuring that the Centre is compliant with UKVI regulations and maintains good relations with the central Visa team to be aware of any new and upcoming changes in visa regulations.
- Plan (with the student data specialist) processes and policies to ensure smooth compliance.
- Plan for, and oversee any visa audits which may occur.
Academic Standards and Quality Assurance
- Ensure that the Centre’s Customer Service and Student Support attendance strategies, policies and procedures are fully compliant with Study Group’s, Teesside University, UKVI’s and relevant external agencies’ quality frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice.
- Run and chair academic governance committees and groups as agreed with the Centre Director.
- Contribute to governance committees and groups as agreed with the Centre Director.
- Plan, oversee and monitor the implementation of actions from the Centre Action Plan relevant to progression support and attendance.
- Work with the colleagues to ensure high levels of automatic progression are achieved for students across all modules, courses and programmes.
- Analyse data and feedback from a wide variety of sources to monitor progress towards progression targets, planning and implementing remedial actions where necessary.
- Contribute to the production of the Annual Monitoring Report, Centre Action Plan, and other evaluative and reflective documents, for submission to Study Group (Provider) and the University.
Financial and Official duties
- To oversee the correct application of financial procedures and ensure that finance and budget information required by the ISC is accurately and securely maintained.
- To oversee the collection, storage and dissemination of all relevant Student data to ensure it is done in as timely, secure and efficient a manner as possible, including the requirement for any manual spreadsheets and master lists.
- Oversee the planning and organisation of events and ceremonies including the annual Progression Ceremony.
- Support and coach colleagues in the correct application of Study Group processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key progression, transition and welfare contacts at the University, ensuring a full understanding of relevant support policies and services, and quality policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective interaction between University staff and progression, transition and welfare staff at the Centre to facilitate the best possible transition for students.
- Attend and represent the ISC at meetings with the University, as agreed with the Director of Quality and Innovation, providing presentations, information and data analysis.
- Previous management experience in a student experience/student support setting
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Experience of working proactively to develop, build and maintain the Student Experience.
- Understanding of UKVI rules and guidance
- Understanding of Safeguarding in an educational environment.
- Ability to operate within quality assurance frameworks or to quality codes
- Ability to analyse data and identify areas for improvement from the data
- Competitive salaries
- A 30 day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as 2017, 2018, and 2020 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally