Duties and Responsibilities
Provide an administrative service to the Business School, in particular within the area of admissions and student recruitment, engaging and completing a range of routine tasks to meet operational and customer service requirements.
Provide support and guidance on administrative matters, particularly within the area of admissions and student recruitment, and ensure that the Admissions and Student Recruitment Manager, Director of Student Recruitment and other relevant managers and academic leads are supported and key duties undertaken.
• Undertake a variety of administrative duties to support the work of the School.
• Assist with the accurate updating and maintenance of the databases and spreadsheets.
• Deal with a range of enquires from internal and external customers in a professional manner, establishing their requirements and adapting the standard responses accordingly.
• Collaborate with others in order to make recommendations for developments of established processes and procedures.
• Establish working relationships with key contacts to help improve service levels.
• Gather and analyse data to update administrative systems with accurate information, establishing basic trends and patterns in any data submitted.
• Contribute to the success of the team, leading others through example, and supporting the supervision and management of the team.
• Take responsibility for supporting the administration of the School’s admissions and student recruitment function.
• Provide an efficient and effective response to prospective students whether in person, by email or by telephone.
• Assist with plans and arrangements for Open Days, Visit Days and other events.
• Act as a point of knowledge and guidance in relation to qualifications and eligibility for admissions to the School’s taught undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes.
• Respond promptly and accurately to requests for information and assistance from Admissions Tutors.
• Liaise with applicants, University central administrative divisions, UCAS and other external organisations as required.
• Support the School’s Intake Management Group and other committees as requested, organising meetings and taking notes and minutes as required.
• Maintain and set up office systems and processes, suggesting improvements and contributing to their continued development.
• Assist the two Directors of Student Recruitment and Admissions, Senior Admissions Tutor & Admissions and Student Recruitment Manager in any other relevant and appropriate duties.
• The post-holder should be able to demonstrate alignment with the School’s values, developed in conjunction with its Public Value strategy.
• Undergo personal and professional development that is appropriate to the role and which will enhance performance.
• Contribute to the wider activities of the School’s Professional Services.
• Ensure that an understanding of the importance of confidentiality is applied when undertaking all duties.
• Abide by University policies on Information Security (including the University’s GDPR obligations), Safety, Health, the Environment and Wellbeing (SHEW) and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
• Perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role.
1. NVQ 2/GCSE level A-C or equivalent.
2. Significant experience of working in an administrative or office environment.
3. Proficient in using common office IT packages (e.g. MS Office).
4. Proven ability to set up standard administrative systems and procedures.
5. Experience of organizing and providing administrative support for events.
6. Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of people.
7. Proven ability to work as an effective team member, providing advice and guidance to other team members where necessary.
8. Proven ability to deal with escalated requests for information or service, resolving customer issues where appropriate.
9. Proven ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload within established time scales.
10. Proven ability to use initiative in solving problems and responding to queries ensuring compliance with standard procedures and practices.
1. A-Levels or equivalent.
2. Experience of working in a Higher Education environment.
3. Fluency in Welsh, written and oral.
Important note: It is the University’s policy to use the person specification as a key tool for short-listing. Candidates should evidence that they meet ALL of the essential criteria as well as, where relevant, the desirable. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide this evidence via a supporting statement. Please ensure that the evidence you are providing corresponds with the numbered criteria outlined above. Your application will be considered based on the information you provide under each element.
Admin / Clerical
Administrative Assistant – Admissions and Student Recruitment | Cardiff University
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally